Windows 11 has been officially released since June 2021. However, widespread use begins in the third quarter of this year, or October 2021 to be precise. Windows 10 users can update their operating system for free. As a new operating system, Windows 11 has many new features. Below are some of the main differences between Windows 11 and Windows 10:
- User Interface (UI) One of the striking differences between Windows 11 and Windows 10 is the user interface (UI). Windows 11 has a new and minimalistic look, especially on the Taskbar and Start menu.These menus are no longer displayed on the left side as in Windows 10. Microsoft has moved them to the center, making them more similar to MacOS and ChromeOS.The Windows 11 Start menu is a bit simpler. Only a list of static applications is shown, with the most frequently visited documents at the bottom. You can expand apps, scroll through the list and pin the apps you want. For the Taskbar, Windows 11 has some important changes. Microsoft has reduced the search box to an icon.
- Windows Logo Windows 11 comes with a new logo, which is a square model with the same square size. This logo model is similar to the trapezoid used in Windows 8 when it was first released.
- Android Application Integration For the first time in Windows 11, Microsoft offers the possibility to run Android applications without any special changes. So far, Android applications can only run on the Windows operating system with an emulator or a dual boot operating system.This Android app can be found on the Microsoft Store and can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store. You can pin downloaded apps to the Taskbar or link them to other apps.
- Widget Windows 11 introduces a new set of widgets powered by Microsoft Edge and AI. This widget can be accessed by hovering the cursor on the left side of the screen. This widget allows you to quickly get information, weather, news, photos and more.
- Microsoft Teams Windows 11 replaces Skype with Microsoft Teams, a Microsoft application for organizing work and tasks both at work and at home. Microsoft Teams lets you make video calls, send messages, manage shared calendars, and create and assign to-do lists. Teams has been improved and integrated directly into the Windows 11 Taskbar for easier access (slightly similar to Apple’s FaceTime). You can access your team from Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS.
- Xbox Tech Upgrades Windows 11 adds some of the technology from Xbox for better gaming. Windows 11 has several features on the Xbox console, such as Auto HDR and DirectStorage.