SEO is an effort to optimize a website to get a better ranking in Google search results. SEO optimization must be done properly and appropriately to get the best ranking in search engines. In WordPress there are several plugins that can help you optimize SEO. Top 2 SEO plugin in wordpress are Yoast SEO and Rank Math. Both of these plugins are well known and widely used as WordPress plugins for SEO optimization. You need to know which one the best for your needs before using it. That’s why, in this article, we want to make a comparison between rank math and yoast seo.
- Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the most popular SEO plugins in WordPress. This plugin provides so many useful features related to the SEO or search engine optimization. This plugin was first created by Joost de Valk who was an SEO consultant in October 2010. Yoast SEO has 5 million active installations. It make Yoast SEO become the most used SEO plugin in WordPress.
- Rank Math
Rank Math is one of the free wordpress SEO plugins that used by many users. This plugin can be said to be a newcomer because it was created in 2018. Even though it’s pretty new, it turns out that Rank Math has been known among SEO practitioners as one of the leading SEO plugin providers. This can be seen from the number of active users who have reached more than 1 million. The features that Rank Math provides are also complete. The features that are usually found in premium plugins (eg in Yoast), we can get it for free at Rank Math.
- Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO plugin has free and premium versions. The free version is suitable for those of you who want to try first how Yoast SEO works.
The list below is the feature of the free version
- Get access to the free Yoast SEO courses
- Add related keywords manually
- Can only optimize for one keyword per article
- Automatic Google indexing
- Google previews
- Readability analysis or readability analysis
- URL settings
- Setting nofollow and dofollow each link
- Compatible with classic editors and block editors
Actually the features above are enough to cover your core SEO needs. However, its performance is less than the maximum compared to premium features. Here’s what you can get in premium features
- Get full access to all Yoast SEO courses
- Optimization the related keywords using SEMrush-based data
- Adding keyword synonyms
- Automatic recognition of multiple languages to improve optimization
- Monitor important pages automatically
- Notifications to update content over six months
- Google desktop and mobile previews, as well as Facebook and Twitter previews
- Internal linking suggestions
- Internal linking blocks
- Website verification on Yandex and Google
- Content insight analysis, the five most frequently appearing words in articles
- Redirect manager, updating old links to new links and preventing visitors from stopping at 404 Not Found pages
- Integration into Elementor plugins
- CSV export, view document overview regarding keyword focus and SEO score
- 24/7 support
The features above can be activated and deactivated according to the needs of your website. So you can limit which features are most useful and reduce website speed. Beyond that, actually Yoast SEO still has Local SEO, Video SEO, News SEO, and WooCommerce SEO products. However, they are all separated into different and definitely paid plugins.
- Rank Math
Don’t be surprised when you know Rank Math’s features. Despite its young age, this SEO plugin provides more features than Yoast SEO. Rank Math SEO also provides free and pro versions feature. In general, the Yoast SEO features that have been mentioned are also found in Rank Math. However, for a more complete comparison, here are the features of the free version of Rank Math that Yoast SEO does not have
- Import All In One Schema Rich Snippet
- Import from Redirection Plugin
- Have an SEO analysis score
- Alert notifications if any SEO optimization is missed
- Notifications if there are SEO problems on the website and suggestions for improvements
- Image SEO, auto rename and add Alt Text
- Google Keyword Suggestion
- Monitor 404 errors automatically
- Role Manager, limiting access rights for website admins
- Various Schemas, such as Book, Course, Event, Job Posting, Local Business, Music, Person, Book, Product, Recipe, Restaurant, Review, Service, Software/App, and Video
- Website verification on Alexa, Pinterest, and Norton Safe Web
The list below is the features of the pro version
- Integration with Google Analytics and Google Trends
- Keyword Rank Tracker, to monitor the SEO performance of each keyword
- Schema Markup Generator. To make your content more organized and visible to Google resulting in snippets
- Schema Builder. You can customize your own schema as needed without coding
- The default schema for articles, products, recipes, events, videos, local businesses, FAQs, and HowTos
- Google News SEO Sitemap and Google Video SEO Sitemap
- WooCommerce SEO
- Content SEO Overview, showing the SEO performance of each content on Google
- Automatically monitor keyword ranking for each post up to 12 months
- Custom Schema Builder, create your own Schema template by coding
- Using multiple schemas in each post, page, product, etc.
- Dataset Schema, add your Schema to be validated in Google Dataset Search
- Carousel Schema, etc
Similar with Yoast SEO, the features in the Rank Math SEO plugin are also in the form of modules, so you can activate or deactivate as needed. When it comes to features, Rank Math seems to be the champion. Because it can provide more features than Yoast SEO. However, the maximum result does not come from the features alone, but also the strategy for using it.
- Yoast SEO
This plugin is priced at $ 89 for one website per year. However Yoast SEO provides a price depending on how many sites you use. You can get a discount if you subscribe for more than 1 websites. In addition, you can also subscribe to the other premium plugins such as Video SEO, Local SEO, News SEO, and WooCommerce SEO. Each plugins cost at $ 69 per year.
- Rank Math
For Rank Math, you will be given 3 choices plan which is the pro, the business, and the agency packages. For personal needs, it is recommended to use the Pro package for $ 59. However, for a business scale, it is very reasonable to spend a larger budget, which is $ 199. You can also use the agency package for a further benefit which cost $ 499.
Both Yoast SEO and Rank Math have a 30 day money back guarantee, if you feel this plugin is disappointing. You can also upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your subscription whenever you want. When it comes to price, it seems that Rank Math SEO plugin is more profitable. That’s because you can have full features without having to add any premium plugins.
However, it all comes back to your own preferences. For the best choice you should try to install the plugin by yourself so you can feel the differences between Yoast SEO and Rank Math.