The default URL of the WordPress login page using slug wp-admin. Some WordPress users change the default URL to avoid brute-force attacks. Brute force attack is a method to get into WordPress dashboard by entering passwords until it finds the right combination. Unfortunately WordPress does not provide a settings to change the login page URL. You need to install an additional plugin to change the WordPress login URL.
In this article we will tell you how to change the login url WordPress by using All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin. This plugin that provides a complete package for WordPress website security. One of the feature is to change the WordPress login URL. You can follow the step below to install the plugin and change the url login.
1. First you need to login to your wordpress. Select the Plugins menu and click the Add New submenu to install a new plugin. Type in the search field “All In One WP Security & Firewall”, then press Enter. The plugin will appear in the search list. Click Install Now to install the plugin.
2. After the installation is complete, click the Activate button to activate the plugin.
3. A new menu will appear on your WordPress dashboard. Click the WP Security menu and select the Brute Force submenu. You will be redirected to the Brute Force page. Check the Enable Rename Login Page Feature checkbox. In the Login Page URL section, fill in the blank fields with text to change the WordPress login URL. Save the settings by clicking the Save Settings button.
4. Congratulations! You have successfully changed the WordPress login URL. Please take note of your new WordPress login URL.
5. Open your web browser. Then, access the WordPress login page with the new URL.