Golang(GO Language) is a programming language created by Google in collaboration with Ken Thompson, Robert Griesemer, and Rob Pike in 2009. Its development goal is to build a language that offers advantages in terms of speed, reliability, scalability, and simplicity.
Golang is also a statically typeable language and generates machine-compileable binary code. Go language can also be used to create applications, websites, and other software.
- Easy to learn : Golang syntax style is simpler so it’s easy to learn.
- Faster : Because Golang is compiled with machine code, it is faster than other programming languages that use a virtual runtime.
- Have a garbage collector : Golang memory management system is simpler than other programming languages that use the C and C++ style syntax. Therefore, dynamically allocated objects can be collected in a single garbage collector.
- Have a concurrency : Concurrency is the ability of a program to be broken down into smaller parts that can function on their own.
Uses of Golang
- Back-End Development : Golang is suitable for back-end development. Especially on applications or companies that have been around for a long time and have many users. The more users you have, the heavier your system will be. However, you can easily work around it with Golang. This is because Go language has a concurrency feature, which allows you to run multiple commands at the same time and clear unused memory.
- E-Commerce Application Development : E-commerce applications require a robust and fast system. If the website takes a long time to load, it will affect the user experience. Likewise, the system goes down when many visitors come.
- Cloud Native Development : Cloud native development also requires concurrency features on Golang. Native cloud architectures can be found on online storage platforms such as Google Cloud. Just like e-commerce applications, Golang helps cloud applications reach multiple users.